Portugal is located in southwestern Europe, in the west end of the Iberian Peninsula. Portugal borders the North Atlantic Ocean to the west and Spain to the east. Its proximity to the Atlantic Ocean keeps its climate temperate.
Portuguese in Toronto
|In the GTA: 210,425||In Toronto: 100,415|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Vaughan, King, and the City of Toronto (Ward 11 York South-Weston, Ward 17 & 18 Davenport).
Settlement Services in the GTA
First Portuguese Canadian Cultural Centre
60 Caledonia Road
Churches in the GTA
Igreja Vida Nova – New Life Church
2365 St. Clair Avenue West
St. Mary’s Church
588 Adelaide Street West
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2017, July 11). The World Factbook: Portugal. Retrieved July 18, 2017, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/po.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Portugal. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Portugal.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Portugal. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Morocco-to-Slovakia/Portugal.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Portugal. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_pt.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Portugal. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_pt.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Portuguese. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 390-394). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from https://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CCX1839300515&v=2.1&u=tplmain_z&it=r&p=GVRL&sw=w&asid=c72521885309c3b38a15badf12298f60
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement