We believe in the importance of understanding our community, and this requires us to be familiar with its people, its characteristics, and its history. In this section, you will find a comprehensive overview of Canada, the Greater Toronto Area and Toronto communities.
GREATER TORONTO AREA (GTA)
- The GTA is located in Southern Ontario.
- With 13 million, Ontario is the largest province in Canada. Quebec is second with approx. 8 million.
- GTA has almost 6 mill people and is part of “The Golden Horse Shoe Area with 10 million living within a 160 kil radius of Toronto. This is just under 30% of Canada’s population
- The GTA is divided into five regions: Halton, Peel, York, Toronto and Durham
- With approx. 2.5 million Toronto is the largest city in Canada
- Close to 50% of residents were born outside Canada
- Over 100 different languages are spoken by people living in Toronto
- Toronto has the largest Muslim community in Canada with approx. 250,000
- Toronto is divided into 44 Wards and 140 neighbourhoods