As the third-largest country in South America, Peru is located on the western coast of South America. Peru shares borders with Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, Bolivia, and Chile. It has a coastline on the Pacific Ocean and is an international leader in terms of fish production.
Peruvians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 10,655||In Toronto: 4,990|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
King, Uxbridge (South), Vaughan, Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, and the City of Toronto (Wards 1 & 2 Etobicoke North, Ward 7 York West).
Settlement Services in the GTA
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Peru. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/peru/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Peru. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Morocco-to-Slovakia/Peru.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Peru. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Peru.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Peru. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_pe.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Peru. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_pe.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Peruvians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 447-452). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement