Jamaica is found in the Caribbean Sea, south of Cuba. Its geographical location is both a blessing and a curse. While many travelers regard Jamaica as an “island paradise” and contribute to Jamaica’s strong tourism industry, the country is also frequently affected by hurricanes.
Jamaicans in Toronto
|In the GTA: 200,330||In Toronto: 90,065|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Brampton, Ajax, Etobicoke North, Scarborough-Rouge River, and Scarborough East.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Jamaican Canadian Association
995 Arrow Road
Churches in the GTA
All Nations Full Gospel Church
4401 Steeles Avenue West
14 Centre Street
The Peoples Church
374 Sheppard Avenue East
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Jamaica. Retrieved December 28, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/jamaica/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Jamaica. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Jamaica.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Jamaica – Overview of economy. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Jamaica-OVERVIEW-OF-ECONOMY.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Jamaica. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_jm.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Jamaica. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_jm.aspx?lang=eng
- Jamaicans. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 314-317). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement