Guyana is situated in the northeastern corner of South America and shares land borders with Venezuela, Brazil, and Suriname. Because it has a coastline on the Atlantic Ocean and its climate is moderated by the trade winds off the Atlantic, the temperature in Guyana rarely falls out of the 21 to 32 degrees Celsius range.
Guyanese in Toronto
|In the GTA: 57,985||In Toronto: 26,690|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Brampton, Vaughan, Markham, Ajax, Southern region of Pickering, Scarborough Community, and Etobicoke North.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Alliance of Guyanese Canadian Organizations
1 Bigwood Court
Association of Concerned Guyanese
51 Mary Pearson Drive
Canadian Indo-Caribbean Association
P.O. Box 89104, Westdale PO
Friends of Guyana
38 Rakewood Crescent
Georgetown Pavilion Committee
Guyana Goodwill Cultural Association
98 Roseheath Avenue
Guyana Aid Organisation
20 Carabob Court, Apt. 307
Guyana Canada Association
282 Velmar Drive
Guyana Christian Charities (Canada) Inc.
805 Middlefield Road, Unit 5
Guyana Toronto Connection
4 Bobcat Street
Hamilton Guyanese Canadian Cultural Association
423 King Street East
Operation Blessing Guyana
26 Underhill Drive, Apt 510
Churches in the GTA
The Peoples Church
374 Sheppard Avenue East
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Guyana. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/guyana/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Guyana. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Guyana. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_gy.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Guyana. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_gy.aspx?lang=eng
- Guyanans/Guyanese. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 255-258). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement