Greece is located in the southern part of the Balkan Peninsula. Three sides of Greece (the east, south, and west) are surrounded by sea. The country consists of a mainland and 2,000 islands (170 of which are inhabited).
Greeks in Toronto
|In the GTA: 99,145||In Toronto: 57,425|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Scarborough-Southwest, Don Valley East, Toronto-Danforth, Scarborough-Rouge River, Whitechurch-Stouffville, Richmond Hill, Markham, Vaughan, Aurora, King, East Gwillimbury, Uxbridge, Pickering (South), Ajax, and Milton.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
All Saints Greek Orthodox Church
3125 Bayview Avenue
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Greece. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/greece/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Greece. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Greece.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Greece. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_gr.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Greece. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_gr.aspx?lang=eng
- Greeks. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 221-224). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Greece. Retrieved July 14, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/greece.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement