France is the largest country in western Europe. It is located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea, sharing borders with Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Andorra, and Monaco. France is bordered by three different mountain chains: the Pyrenees, the Jura, and the Alps. The country’s capital city, Paris, accommodates about one-sixth of the nation’s total population.
French in Toronto
|In the GTA: 247,790||In Toronto: 122,610|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
East Gwillimbury, Newmarket, Aurora, King, Southern part of Uxbridge, Georgina, Caledon, Ajax, Halton Hills, Oakville, Milton, and the City of Toronto (Don Valley West, Beaches-East York).
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
Jarvis Street Baptist Church
130 Gerrard Street East
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: France. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/france/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). France. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/France.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). France. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – France. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_fr.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – France. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_fr.aspx?lang=eng
- French. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 191-196). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). France. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/france.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement