Finland is found in northwestern Europe. The country is one of the most northern located countries of the world. Finland shares borders with Norway, Sweden, and Russia. As can be seen in the map below, Finland is close to the Arctic Circle — but actually has a much milder climate than one would expect due to the moderating impact of the Gulf Stream.
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2017, July 11). The World Factbook: Finland. Retrieved July 14, 2017, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/fi.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Finland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography
- Finns. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 182-186). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014, from https://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CCX1839300478&v=2.1&u=tplmain_z&it=r&p=GVRL&sw=w&asid=b64fc4ead6e1f4bf921df58998e99e0c
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Finland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_fi.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Finland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_fi.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Finland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://prayercast.com/finland.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement