The Dominican Republic is an island country between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. It shares the island of Hispaniola with Haiti. Even though the waters around the Dominican Republic are full of fish, the fishing industry is underdeveloped.
Dominicans in Toronto
|In the GTA: 6,465||In Toronto: 3,580|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Newmarket, Aurora, Vaughan, and City of Toronto (Ward 7 York West).
Settlement Services in the GTA
Canadian Caribbean Association of Halton
1200 Speers Road, Unit 40
Thornhill African Caribbean Canadian Association
1136 Centre Street, Suite 3
Churches in the GTA
Rexdale Alliance Church
2459 Islington Avenue
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Dominican Republic. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/dominican-republic/
- Dominicans (Dominican Republic). (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 195-199). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Dominican Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Dominican-Republic.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Dominican Republic – Fishing. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Americas/Dominican-Republic-FISHING.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Dominican Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_do.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Dominican Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_do.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.Statistics Canada. (2017, October 25). Data Tables, 2016 Census – Ethnic Origin (279), Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses (3), Generation Status (4), Age (12) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2016 Census – 25% Sample Data. Retrieved December 14, 2017, from http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/olc-cel/olc.action?objId=98-400-X2016187&objType=46&lang=en&limit=0