Croatia is located in southeastern Europe between Slovenia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. Croatia’s coastline on the Adriatic Sea made fishing a traditional industry, but the fishing industry shrunk greatly as a result of wars and overfishing.
Croatians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 37,460||In Toronto: 13,675|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Oakville, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga, Caledon, and the City of Toronto.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Croatian Social & Cultural Centre
9118 Winston Churchill Blvd.
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Croatia. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/hr.html
- Croats. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 135-142). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Croatia. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Congo-Democratic-Republic-of-the-to-India/Croatia.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Croatia. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Croatia.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Croatia. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_hr.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Croatia. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_hr.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2017, October 25). Data Tables, 2016 Census – Ethnic Origin (279), Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses (3), Generation Status (4), Age (12) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2016 Census – 25% Sample Data. Retrieved December 14, 2017, from http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/olc-cel/olc.action?objId=98-400-X2016187&objType=46&lang=en&limit=0