Barbados is an island country in the Caribbean Sea. It has an area of 430 square kilometers (166 square miles). Barbados’ tourism industry, which benefits from its tropical maritime climate, is an important part of the Barbadian economy.
Barbadians/Bajan in Toronto
|In the GTA: 18,395||In Toronto: 9,015|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Georgina, East Gwillimbury, Ajax, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Brampton, Markham, and City of Toronto (Ward 1 & 2 North Etobicoke, Ward 42 Scarborough-Rouge River, Ward 44 Scarborough East).
Settlement Services in the GTA
Canadian Caribbean Association of Halton
1200 Speers Road, Unit 40
Thornhill African Caribbean Canadian Association
1136 Centre Street, Suite 3
- Barbadians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 89-93). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- BBC News. (2013, December 22). Barbados profile. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-18723928
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Barbados. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/barbados/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Barbados. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Afghanistan-to-Comoros/Barbados.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Barbados. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_bb.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Barbados. Retrieved July 8,2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/barbados.html
- Statistics Canada. (2017, October 25). Data Tables, 2016 Census – Ethnic Origin (279), Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses (3), Generation Status (4), Age (12) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2016 Census – 25% Sample Data. Retrieved December 14, 2017, from http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/olc-cel/olc.action?objId=98-400-X2016187&objType=46&lang=en&limit=0