Venezuela is found on the northern coastline of South America. The country shares borders with the Caribbean Sea to the north, Colombia to the west, Brazil to the south, and Guyana to the east. Most of Venezuela’s population is concentrated near the coast. The country also consists of seventy-two islands.
Venezuelans in Toronto
|In the GTA: 8,260||In Toronto: 4,215|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Not listed as a separate category in the Social Atlas map on the Ethnic Origins for Toronto CMA in Census Canada 2006.
Settlement Services in the GTA
El Sistema Toronto
3300 Yonge Street, Suite 210
Churches in the GTA
Primera Iglesia Alianza Hispana
325 Weston Road, Unit 6b
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Venezuela. Retrieved December 26, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/venezuela/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Venezuela. Retrieved July 10, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/Venezuela.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Venezuela. Retrieved July 10, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ve.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Venezuela. Retrieved July 10, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ve.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?LANG=E&APATH=3&DETAIL=0&DIM=0&FL=A&FREE=0&GC=0&GID=0&GK=0&GRP=1&PID=92333&PRID=0&PTYPE=88971,97154&S=0&SHOWALL=0&SUB=0&Temporal=2006&THEME=80&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF
- Venezuelans. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 535-539). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 16, 2014.