The United Kingdom is a collection of islands in northwestern Europe. England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland together make up Great Britain. The United Kingdom is separated from mainland Europe by the English Channel, but the two are connected by the Channel Tunnel, which opened in 1994. The UK’s head of state is Queen Elizabeth II, the longest reigning monarch, but much of the day-to-day governing is delegated to the parliament.
British in Toronto
|In the GTA: 1,287,260||In Toronto: 597,295|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
King, Caledon, East Gwillimbury, New Market, Aurora, Halton Hills, Milton, Oakville, Mississauga, Uxbridge, Georgina, Pickering, Ajax, and the City of Toronto.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
The Peoples Church
374 Sheppard Avenue East
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: United Kingdom. Retrieved December 26, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/united-states/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). United Kingdom. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/United-Kingdom.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). United Kingdom. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/United-Kingdom.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – United Kingdom. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_gb.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – United Kingdom. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_gb.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?LANG=E&APATH=3&DETAIL=0&DIM=0&FL=A&FREE=0&GC=0&GID=0&GK=0&GRP=1&PID=92333&PRID=0&PTYPE=88971,97154&S=0&SHOWALL=0&SUB=0&Temporal=2006&THEME=80&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF