Located in central Asia, Turkmenistan shares borders with Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. Turkmenistan also has a western coastline on the Caspian Sea. 80% of the land is desert.
Turkmenistanians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 405||In Toronto: 200|
Settlement Services in the GTA
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 6). The World Factbook: Turkmenistan. Retrieved December 26, 2o19, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tx.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Turkmenistan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/Turkmenistan.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, October 15). Cultural Information – Turkmenistan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_tm.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Turkmenistan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_tm.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Turkmenistan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/turkmenistan.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?LANG=E&APATH=3&DETAIL=0&DIM=0&FL=A&FREE=0&GC=0&GID=0&GK=0&GRP=1&PID=92333&PRID=0&PTYPE=88971,97154&S=0&SHOWALL=0&SUB=0&Temporal=2006&THEME=80&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF
- Turkmens. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 4, pp. 998-1004). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 16, 2014.