Turkey is located in the Middle East. 97% of the country (Anatolia) lies in Asia and 3% (Thrace) is in Europe.
Turkish in Toronto
|In the GTA: 23,085||In Toronto: 13,345|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Richmond Hill, Vaughan, King, Mississauga, and the City of Toronto (North York and Toronto York).
Settlement Services in the GTA
Canadian Turkish Friendship Community
25 Civic Road
Turkish Community Heritage Centre of Canada
10520 Yonge Street, 35B/234
Richmond Hill, ON
Turkish Society of Canada
5100 Erin Mills Parkway, PO Box 53060
Churches in the GTA
The Peoples Church
374 Sheppard Avenue East
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 6). The World Factbook: Turkey. Retrieved December 26, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/turkey/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Turkey. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/Turkey.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Turkey. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_tr.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Turkey. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_tr.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Turkey. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/turkey.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?LANG=E&APATH=3&DETAIL=0&DIM=0&FL=A&FREE=0&GC=0&GID=0&GK=0&GRP=1&PID=92333&PRID=0&PTYPE=88971,97154&S=0&SHOWALL=0&SUB=0&Temporal=2006&THEME=80&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF
- Turks. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 4, pp. 1004-1010). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 16, 2014.