Syria is found in southwest Asia, on the east coast of the Mediterranean Sea. Syria shares borders with Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, and Israel. It is fortunate to be located on the fertile Mediterranean coast — allowing agriculture to play a significant role in the country’s economy.
Syrians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 16,150||In Toronto: 6,655|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Vaughan, Brampton, Mississauga, and the City of Toronto (Ward 42 Scarborough Rouge River).
Settlement Services in the GTA
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Syria. Retrieved December 26, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/syria/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Syria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/Syria.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Syria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_sy.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Syria. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_sy.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement
- Syrians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 4, pp. 920-926). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 16, 2014.