Sweden is located on the Scandinavian Peninsula of Northern Europe, between Norway and Finland. Although Sweden is quite far north, its temperatures are not as low as one might expect, due to the North Atlantic Drift.
Swedish in Toronto
|In the GTA: 18,590||In Toronto: 10,400|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Aurora, Oakville, Uxbridge, Georgina, Whitchurch-Stouffville, East Gwillimbury, Mississauga, Halton Hills, and Caledon. Individuals of Swedish origin are found all across the Greater Toronto Area.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
The Swedish Lutheran Church
25 Old York Mills Road at The Agricola Finnish Lutheran Church
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Sweden. Retrieved December 26, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/sweden/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Sweden. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/Sweden.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Sweden. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_se.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?LANG=E&APATH=3&DETAIL=0&DIM=0&FL=A&FREE=0&GC=0&GID=0&GK=0&GRP=1&PID=92333&PRID=0&PTYPE=88971,97154&S=0&SHOWALL=0&SUB=0&Temporal=2006&THEME=80&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF
- Swedes. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 472-476). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 16, 2014.