Spain is found in southwestern Europe. It occupies what is known as the Iberian Peninsula, along with Portugal. Spain also borders the Bay of Biscay to the north and the Mediterranean Sea to the east and south.
Spanish in Toronto
|In the GTA: 106,690||In Toronto: 56,815|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
The City of Toronto, Vaughan, Mississauga, Brampton, Milton, Oakville, Markham, Richmond Hill, and East Gwillimbury.
Settlement Services in the GTA
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Spain. Retrieved December 26, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/spain/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Spain. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Spain.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Spain. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/Spain.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, October 15). Cultural Information – Spain. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_es.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Spain. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_es.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Spaniards. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark
- Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 467-471). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement