Somalia is located on the eastern coast of Africa, in what is known as ‘the horn of Africa’. Somalia borders the Gulf of Aden to the north, the Arabian Sea to the east, and Kenya, Ethiopia, and Djibouti to the west.
Somalians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 25,550||In Toronto: 20,960|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
The City of Toronto (Ward 42 Scarborough Rouge River, Ward 2 Etobicoke North).
Settlement Services in the GTA
Somali-Canadian Association of Etobicoke
925 Albion Road, Unit 202
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 10). The World Factbook: Somalia. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/so.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Somalia. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Slovenia-to-Zimbabwe-Cumulative-Index/Somalia.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Somalia. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_so.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Somalia. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_so.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Somalis. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 1, pp. 495-500). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement