Poland is found in Central Europe. Poland shares borders with Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Lithuania. To the north of Poland is the Baltic Sea, which is important to Poland’s fishing industry.
Polish in Toronto
|In the GTA: 237,245||In Toronto: 114,535|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Milton, Halton Hills, Caledon, Oakville, Mississauga, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Aurora, and the City of Toronto (Wards 5 & 6, Ward 12 York South — Weston, Ward 15 Eglinton-Lawrence, Ward 17 Davenport).
Settlement Services in the GTA
Polycultural Immigrant & Community Services (PICS)
17 Four Seasons Place, Suite 102
Churches in the GTA
Polish Baptist Church
2611 Dundas Street West
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Poland. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pl.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Poland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Poland.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Poland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_pl.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Poland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_pl.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Poles. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 384-389). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement