The Philippines is bordered by the Philippine Sea to the east, the South China Sea to the west, the Luzon Strait to the north, and the Celebes Sea to the south. The Philippines is southeast of China and consists of 7,250 islands. 11 of these islands contain the vast majority of the population, while more than 700 are inhabited.
Filipinos in Toronto
|In the GTA: 274,670||In Toronto: 162,600|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, Ajax, Markham, and the City of Toronto (Scarborough).
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
Faith Community Church
146 Isabella Street
First Filipino Baptist Church Toronto
382 Lippincott Street
Grace Bible Church International
1530 Birchmount Road, Unit #7
Greenhills Christian Fellowship
305 Morrish Road
Scarborough Family Christian Church
2525 Warden Avenue
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Philippines. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/rp.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Philippines. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Asia-and-the-Pacific/Philippines.html
- Filipinos. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 3, pp. 249-260). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Philippines. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ph.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Philippines. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ph.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Philippines. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/philippines.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement