Norway is located on the Scandinavian peninsula in northern Europe. Norway is west of Sweden, and also shares borders with Finland and Russia. The country has a coastline along the Norwegian Sea and the North Sea. Although Norway is very far north, warm waters from the Gulf Stream that travel up to the surrounding area help keep Norway’s temperature relatively mild.
Norwegians in Toronto
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). The World Factbook: Norway. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/norway/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Norway. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Morocco-to-Slovakia/Norway.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Norway. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_no.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Norway. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_no.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Norwegians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 358-361). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?LANG=E&APATH=3&DETAIL=0&DIM=0&FL=A&FREE=0&GC=0&GID=0&GK=0&GRP=1&PID=92333&PRID=0&PTYPE=88971,97154&S=0&SHOWALL=0&SUB=0&Temporal=2006&THEME=80&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF