Located in Southeast Asia, Myanmar shares land boundaries with India, China, Laos, and Thailand. Even so, Myanmar is isolated from these countries because of a horseshoe of high mountains. Myanmar has its south and west coastlines along the Indian Ocean.
Burmese in Toronto
|In the GTA: 2,165||In Toronto: 1,220|
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
Toronto Myanmar Christian Church
650 McNicoll Ave at Young Nak Korean Presbyterian Church
- Burman. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 3, pp. 174-180). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Burma. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/bm.htmlEncyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Myanmar. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Morocco-to-Slovakia/Myanmar.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Burma (Myanmar). Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_mm.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Myanmar (Burma). Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/myanmar-(burma).html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement