Libya is located in the northern part of Africa, just south of the Mediterranean Sea. Libya shares borders with Algeria, Niger, Chad, Sudan, and Egypt. Most of the country is covered by the Sahara Desert and it is extremely hot. In southern Libya during the summer, temperatures quickly climb above 50 degrees Celsius.
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 16). The World Factbook: Libya. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/libya/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Libya. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Indonesia-to-Mongolia/Libya.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Libya. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ly.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Libya. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ly.aspx?lang=eng
- Libyans. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 1, pp. 329-337). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Libya. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/libya.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?LANG=E&APATH=3&DETAIL=0&DIM=0&FL=A&FREE=0&GC=0&GID=0&GK=0&GRP=1&PID=92333&PRID=0&PTYPE=88971,97154&S=0&SHOWALL=0&SUB=0&Temporal=2006&THEME=80&VID=0&VNAMEE=&VNAMEF