Lebanon is found in the Middle East, on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea. The country borders Syria to the north and east, and Israel to the south. Lebanon is the site of ancient Phoenicia.
Lebanese in Toronto
|In the GTA: 29,750||In Toronto: 13,125|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Whitchurch-Stouffville, Vaughan, Markham, Ajax, Caledon, Mississauga, and the City of Toronto (Ward 37 Scarborough Centre, Ward 40 Scarborough Centre).
Settlement Services in the GTA
The Arab Community Centre of Toronto
555 Burnhamthorpe Road, Suite 209
- BBC News. (2014, April 4). Lebanon profile. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-14647308
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Lebanon. Retrieved December 27, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/lebanon/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Lebanon. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Asia-and-the-Pacific/Lebanon.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Lebanon. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_lb.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Lebanon. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_lb.aspx?lang=eng
- Lebanese. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 4, pp. 553-559). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement