Laos is a landlocked country in Southeast Asia. Laos shares borders with Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, and China. Laos has a number of rivers running through it and the abundance of fish contribute to the Laotian subsistence economy.
Laotian in Toronto
|In the GTA: 4,205||In Toronto: 1,260|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Brampton, Aurora, Newmarket, Caledon, and East Gwillimbury.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
Lao Canadian Evangelical Mennonite Church
23-2300 Finch Avenue West
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2017, July 11). The World Factbook: Laos. Retrieved July 17, 2017, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/la.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Laos. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Indonesia-to-Mongolia/Laos.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Lao People’s Democratic Republic. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Asia-and-Oceania/Lao-People-s-Democratic-Republic.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Laos. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_la.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Laos. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_la.aspx?lang=eng
- Lao. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 4, pp. 548-553). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from https://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CCX1839300338&v=2.1&u=tplmain_z&it=r&p=GVRL&sw=w&asid=adcea70c0c308a6c30007a8cd9674e61
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Laos. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.prayercast.com/laos.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement