Jordan is located in the Middle East and shares borders with Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, and Israel. Jordan lies to the east of the Jordan River. The country’s population is concentrated in the capital, Amman, and some other major cities such as Zarqa and Irbid.
Jordanians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 5,325||In Toronto: 1,480|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, Toronto, King City, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville, and Ajax.
Settlement Services in the GTA
The Arab Community Centre of Toronto
555 Burnhamthorpe Road, Suite 209
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Jordan. Retrieved December 28, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/jo.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Jordan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Asia-and-the-Pacific/Jordan.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Jordan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_jo.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Jordan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_jo.aspx?lang=eng
- Jordanians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 3, pp. 436-442). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Jordan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/jordan.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement