Japan borders the North Pacific Ocean on the east. It consists of four large islands (Honshu, Hokkaido, Shikoku, and Kyushu) and 3,000 small islands.
Japanese in Toronto
|In the GTA: 28,045||In Toronto: 17,265|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
The City of Toronto, Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket, Markham, Pickering (South), and Ajax.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Japanese Social Services
6 Garamond Court
Churches in the GTA
Grace Toronto Japanese Church
20 Glebe Road East
Japanese Gospel Church of Toronto
301 Silver Star Boulevard
Wesley Chapel Japanese Church
2385 Warden Avenue
- BBC News. (2014, March 20). Japan profile. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-14918801
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 16). The World Factbook: Japan. Retrieved v, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/japan/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Japan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Indonesia-to-Mongolia/Japan.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Japan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_jp.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Japan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_jp.aspx?lang=eng
- Japanese. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 3, pp. 409-418). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Japan. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/japan.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement