Ireland is located on an island, at the western edge of Europe. The northeastern corner of the island is occupied by Northern Ireland, which belongs to Britain and is separated from the independent republic to its south. Ireland’s proximity to the Atlantic Ocean makes its climate mild and its weather humid and often rainy.
Irish in Toronto
|In the GTA: 544,380||In Toronto: 262,965|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
King, Halton Hills, New Market, Aurora, Milton, Oakville, East Gwillimbury, Uxbridge, Caledon, and the City of Toronto.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Emerald Isle Seniors Society
1190 Danforth Avenue
The Irish Club of Mississauga
4120 Ridgeway Drive, Unit 39
The Durham Irish Association of Canada
PO Box 181
Churches in the GTA
The Peoples Church
374 Sheppard Avenue East
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Ireland. Retrieved December 28, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/ireland/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Ireland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Indonesia-to-Mongolia/Ireland.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Ireland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ie.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Ireland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ie.aspx?lang=eng
- Irish. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 234-238). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Ireland. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/ireland.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement