Iraq is found in the Middle East, between Iran and Saudi Arabia. Iraq also shares borders with Turkey, Syria, Jordan, and Kuwait. Iraq’s location is the basis for its economy. It has the world’s third-largest known oil reserves.
Iraqis in Toronto
|In the GTA: 29,045||In Toronto: 10,475|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Brampton, Mississauga, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Etobicoke North, Scarborough-Rouge River, Scarborough East, Markham, Aurora, and King City.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Arab Immigrant Centre
85 Ellesmere Road
Iraqi Canadian Society of Ontario
The Arab Community Centre of Toronto
555 Burnhamthorpe Road, Suite 209
Churches in the GTA
Life in Christ Ministry (LinC)
7255 Warden Avenue
Sunday Service: 11 AM
- BBC News. (2014, June 24). Iraq profile. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-14542954
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Iraq. Retrieved December 28, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/iz.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Iraq. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Asia-and-the-Pacific/Iraq.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Iraq. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_iq.aspx?lang=eng
- Iraqis. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 3, pp. 390-396). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Iraq. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/iraq.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement