Honduras is found in Central America and shares borders with Guatemala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua. Its northern border is along the Caribbean Sea — which is excellent for the country’s expanding tourism industry. Tourists are attracted to the country’s beaches and coral reefs in addition to its national parks and Mayan ruins.
Hondurans in Toronto
|In the GTA: 1,750||In Toronto: 1,020|
Settlement Services in the GTA
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2017, July 13). The World Factbook: Honduras. Retrieved July 14, 2017, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ho.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Honduras. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Honduras.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Honduras. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_hn.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Honduras. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_hn.aspx?lang=eng
- Hondurans. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 282-286). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014, from https://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CCX1839300174&v=2.1&u=tplmain_z&it=r&p=GVRL&sw=w&asid=43f88ecd999db61385905908f1fbce12
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from