Haiti is found on the island of Hispaniola, which lies between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Haiti shares borders with the Dominican Republic. Haiti is unfortunately located on a fault line, which was responsible for a devastating earthquake in 2010.
Haitians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 5,150||In Toronto: 3,440|
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
The Peoples Church
374 Sheppard Avenue East
Francophone Church of God of Prophecy
L’Eglise de Dieu de la Prophetie Francophone
235 Poplar Road
- Callahan, R. (2010, August 14). Haiti Earthquake Fault: Previously Undetected Fault Line Responsible. Huffington Post. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/15/haiti-earthquake-fault-pr_n_682781.html
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Haiti. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/haiti/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Haiti. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Haiti.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Haiti. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ht.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Haiti. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ht.aspx?lang=eng
- Haitians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 262-270). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Haiti. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/haiti.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement