Haiti is found on the island of Hispaniola, which lies between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Haiti shares borders with the Dominican Republic. Haiti is unfortunately located on a fault line, which was responsible for a devastating earthquake in 2010.
Haitians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 5,150||In Toronto: 3,440|
Settlement Services in the GTA
- Callahan, R. (2010, August 14). Haiti Earthquake Fault: Previously Undetected Fault Line Responsible. Huffington Post. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/15/haiti-earthquake-fault-pr_n_682781.html
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Haiti. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/haiti/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Haiti. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Haiti.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Haiti. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ht.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Haiti. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ht.aspx?lang=eng
- Haitians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 262-270). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Haiti. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/haiti.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement