Guatemala is in Central America, between the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean. Located just south of Mexico, Guatemala enjoys an agreeable climate. This, combined with its Mayan ruins and diverse landscape, makes Guatemala a popular destination for tourists. In fact, tourism is the most profitable of all the components in the country’s service industry.
Guatemalans in Toronto
|In the GTA: 5,915||In Toronto: 3,110|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
East Gwillimbury, King, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, York Centre (City of Toronto), Halton Hills, Brampton, Mississauga, and Milton.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
Primera Iglesia Alianza Hispana
325 Weston Road, Unit 6b
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2017, July 11). The World Factbook: Guatemala. Retrieved July 14, 2017, from
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Guatemala. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Guatemala. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_gt.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Guatemala. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_gt.aspx?lang=eng
- Guatemalans. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 250-255). Detroit: Gale.
Retrieved July 14, 2014, from https://go.galegroup.com/ps/i.do?id=GALE%7CCX1839300167&v=2.1&u=tplmain_z&it=r&p=GVRL&sw=w&asid=f57fdf23ed8c83bdae900fca5cfd7567
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Guatemala. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://prayercast.com/guatemala.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and
Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample
Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from