Ghana is found in western Africa. Ghana borders the Gulf of Guinea to the south, Togo to the east, Burkina Faso to the north, and Cote d’Ivoire to the west. The country’s capital city, Accra, is located right at the Gulf of Guinea. Ghana is very close to the equator (as can be seen on the below map), but its climate is relatively mild.
- BBC News. (2014, February 5). Ghana profile. Retrieved July 14, 2017, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Ghana. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gh.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Ghana. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Ghana. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_gh.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Ghana. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_gh.aspx?lang=eng
- Ghanaians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 1, pp. 240-247). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Ghana. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/ghana.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement