Situated in central Europe, Germany borders the North Sea, Denmark, and the Baltic Sea to the north; Poland and the Czech Republic to the east; Austria and Switzerland to the south; and France, Luxembourg, Belgium, and the Netherlands to the west. To the right is the castle of Neuschwanstein near the town of Füssen, Bavaria, which served as the inspiration behind Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Germans in Toronto
|In the GTA: 271, 815||In Toronto: 130,895|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Milton, Oakville, Halton Hills, Caledon, King, Aurora, Whitchurch-Stouffville, East Gwillimbury, and the City of Toronto (Parkdale-High Park, Beaches-East York, Scarborough East).
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
German United Church Toronto
Deutsche Evangeliums Kirche
20 Glebe Road East
Martin Luther Evangelical Lutheran Church
2379 Lake Shore Boulevard West
Humbervale Park Baptist Church
763 Royal York Road
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Germany. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/germany/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Germany. http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Germany.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Germany. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_de.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Germany. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_de.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement