El Salvador is located on the Central America Isthmus. The country has a southern coastline along the North Pacific Ocean, and shares land borders with Guatemala and Honduras. El Salvador is located on one of the world’s volcanic plates and has a history of destructive earthquakes.
Salvadorans in Toronto
|In the GTA: 15,130||In Toronto: 9,565|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
North-West of Greater Toronto Area, and East Gwillimbury.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
Primera Iglesia Alianza Hispana
325 Weston Road, Unit 6b
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: El Salvador. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/el-salvador/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). El Salvador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). El Salvador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/World-Leaders-2003/El-Salvador.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – El Salvador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_sv.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – El Salvador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_sv.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Salvadorans/Salvadorians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 481-485). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement