Ecuador is found on the west coast of South America, between Colombia and Peru. Ecuador’s capital city, Quito, is situated on the Andes mountain range. The Republic of Ecuador also includes the Galapagos Islands, which are 1,000 kilometres from the coast. The Galapagos Islands are well known for their land and marine animals, including unique birds and gigantic land tortoises. In fact, “Galapagos” is an ancient Spanish word meaning “tortoise”.
Ecuadorians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 17,930||In Toronto: 9,990|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
City of Toronto (Ward 2 Etobicoke North, 7 York West, 11 & 12 York South-Weston, 17 Davenport), Vaughan, Northern part of Uxbridge, Brampton, and Oakville.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Churches in the GTA
Primera Iglesia Alianza Hispana
325 Weston Road, Unit 6b
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Ecuador. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/ecuador/
- Ecuadorans. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 2, pp. 203-207). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Ecuador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/Ecuador.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Ecuador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography/Congo-Democratic-Republic-of-the-to-India/Ecuador.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Ecuador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_ec.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Ecuador. Retrieved July 9, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_ec.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Statistics Canada. (2017, October 25). Data Tables, 2016 Census – Ethnic Origin (279), Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses (3), Generation Status (4), Age (12) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2016 Census – 25% Sample Data. Retrieved December 14, 2017, from http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/olc-cel/olc.action?objId=98-400-X2016187&objType=46&lang=en&limit=0