The Czech Republic (Czechia) is located in central Europe. It shares borders with Germany, Poland, Austria, and Slovakia. Previously known as Czechoslovakia, the Czech Republic and Slovakia parted ways peacefully in 1993. The country added the short-form name Czechia in 2016, while continuing to use the full form name, Czech Republic.
Czechs in Toronto
|In the GTA: 16,630||In Toronto: 9,505|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Oakville, Milton, Caledon, King, Newmarket, Aurora, Whitchurch-Stouffville, and the City of Toronto.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Masaryk Memorial Institute Inc.
450 Scarborough Golf Club Road
Churches in the GTA
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 17). The World Factbook: Czech Republic. Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ez.html
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Czech Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Czech-Republic.html
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Czech Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_cz.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Czech Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_cz.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Czech Republic. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/czech-republic.html
- Statistics Canada. (2017, October 25). Data Tables, 2016 Census – Ethnic Origin (279), Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses (3), Generation Status (4), Age (12) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2016 Census – 25% Sample Data. Retrieved December 14, 2017, from http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/olc-cel/olc.action?objId=98-400-X2016187&objType=46&lang=en&limit=0