Albania is located in southeastern Europe, west of Greece. It borders Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Greece. It covers only 28,748 square kilometers, making it one of the smallest countries in Europe. Albania is bordered on the west by the Adriatic Sea, so fishing is an important industry in the area.
Albanians in Toronto
|In the GTA: 17,685||In Toronto: 11,120|
Primary Areas of Settlement in the GTA (Social Atlas):
Vaughan, City of Toronto, and Caledon.
Settlement Services in the GTA
Albanian Canadian Association Kosova
3416 Dundas Street West, Unit 202
Churches in the GTA
Albanian Evangelical Church
826 Eglinton Avenue East
- Albanian Outreach. (n.d.). Info on Albanians. Retrieved July 24, 2014, from http://albanianoutreach.net/info-on-albanians
- Albanians. (2009). In T. L. Gall & J. Hobby (Eds.), Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life (2nd ed., Vol. 5, pp. 23-29). Detroit: Gale. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- BBC News. (2014, June 12). Albania Profile. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-17679574
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2019, December 18). Retrieved December 29, 2019, from https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/albania/
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. (n.d.). Albania. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/geography
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2009, October 15). Cultural Information – Albania. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/culture-culture_al.aspx?lang=eng
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. (2011, December 15). Overview – Albania. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.international.gc.ca/cil-cai/country_insights-apercus_pays/overview-apercu_al.aspx?lang=eng
- Mandryk, J. (2010). Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation (7th ed.). Colorado Springs: Biblica Publishing.
- Prayercast. (n.d.). Albania. Retrieved July 8, 2014, from https://www.prayercast.com/albania.html
- Statistics Canada. (2011, April 7). 2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations/Ethnic Origin, Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses and Sex for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2006 Census – 20% Sample Data. Retrieved July 15, 2014, from http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2006/dp-pd/tbt/Rp-eng.cfm?…
- Statistics Canada. (2017, October 25). Data Tables, 2016 Census – Ethnic Origin (279), Single and Multiple Ethnic Origin Responses (3), Generation Status (4), Age (12) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2016 Census – 25% Sample Data. Retrieved December 14, 2017, from http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/olc-cel/olc.action?objId=98-400-X2016187&objTy…